Best Medical Alert System for Pacemaker Users
A medical alert system provides extra security for people with pacemakers and may even save your or your loved one’s life. If a pacemaker issue arises, you can use the medical alert system to be connected to help instantly.
In the modern age, there have been many amazing advancements in medical technology that enable senior safety. One of the most lifesaving of these inventions is the pacemaker. Pacemakers can give patients diagnosed with certain heart problems the ability to live more normal lives.
The team of experts at Aging In Place highly recommends a medical alert system as an extra layer of security for people with pacemakers.
Table of Contents
- Key Takeaways
- How Does a Medical Alert System Benefit Pacemaker Users?
- Medical Alert Systems for Pacemaker Users Reviews
- Bay Alarm Medical
- Medical Guardian
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Medical Alert System for Those with Pacemakers
- Bottom Line
- Why You Can Trust Our Expert Review
Help is only a single push of a button away, no matter where you are.
Do I need a medical alert bracelet for a pacemaker?
We highly recommend getting a medical alert bracelet because of the extra reassurance it provides. You’ll want to be prepared if there’s an emergency with your pacemaker.
Can you wear a medical alert device with a pacemaker?
You can, but be wary of gyroscopes and other harmful signals that can affect your pacemaker. If you aren’t sure what signals will affect your pacemaker, reach out to your doctor or the pacemaker manufacturer to learn more.
Can I wear a hearing aid with a pacemaker?
You can, as hearing aids don’t interfere with your pacemaker. However, for extra safety, store your hearing aids in any pocket that isn’t your breast pocket.
What are the benefits of using a medical alert system next to a pacemaker?
If your pacemaker is damaged or experiences battery failure, a medical alert system can instantly connect you to emergency services and your loved ones.
Are medical alert systems covered by Medicare?
Speak to your provider to find out if your Medicare plan covers medical alert systems. *NOTE: Only Medicare Advantage plans offer coverage.
*Pricing is accurate as of April 14, 2022.
Other Medical Alert Guides and Medical Alert Systems That We Have Reviewed
- Best Medical Alert Systems
- Best Medical Alert Systems with Fall Detection
- Best Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS)
- Best Medical Alert Systems With No Monthly Fee
- Best Medical Alert Watches for 2022
- Best Medical Alert Bracelets for Seniors
- Best Medical Alert Systems with GPS
- Medical Guardian Review
- Aloe Care Health Review
- MobileHelp Review
- Bay Alarm Medical Review
- Medical Alert Review
- GreatCall Review
- LifeStation Review
- LifeFone Review
- Philips Lifeline Review
- MobileHelp Smart Review
- Alert1 Review
- ADT Medical Alert Review
- Apple Watch Medical Alert Review
- GreatCall Lively Mobile Reviews
- Rescue Alert Medical Alert Review
- Life Alert Review