Walgreens Ready Response Review
- The Walgreens Ready Response is a medical alert system exclusive to Walgreens, but it can’t be bought in the stores.
- The Walgreens Ready Response is a good option if you’re looking for a more affordable medical monitoring system with no contracts.
- The Walgreens Ready Response doesn’t have the extra features typically sold with current medical alert systems, such as a caregiver app.
- Automatic fall detection costs an additional $10 per month.
- The Walgreens Ready Response doesn’t offer a risk-free trial period, and you have to pay for a three-month commitment to the service upfront.
The Walgreens Ready Response has plans that start at $19.95 per month, with mobile and in-home options.
If you’re looking for an affordable medical alert system but are overwhelmed by how many brands and providers there are on the market today, you can always trust a familiar name: the Walgreens Ready Response medical alert system. The Walgreens Ready Response has plans that start at $19.95 per month, with mobile and in-home options.
These devices are highly effective for those who prefer a simple design without all the bells and whistles of other competing medical alert systems.
Table of Contents
- Walgreens Ready Response Review
- Walgreens Ready Response Pros and Cons
- Walgreens Ready Response Features
- Missing Features
- Models Offered
- Walgreens Ready Response Cost
- Walgreens Ready Response Contracts and Warranty
- Walgreens Ready Response Customer Reviews
- Other Recommended Medical Alert Systems
- Bottom Line
- Why You Can Trust Our Expert Review
If you’re experiencing a medical emergency that renders you unable to speak to the emergency operator after they pick up, you can set up personal instructions for them to follow based on your account settings.
Although there is not an official contract, Walgreens will not refund you for the Ready Response medical alert unit unless you’ve had it activated for 90 days.
“I really liked that they did not force a long-term contract on me and my husband. My favorite thing about their alert system is the voice pendant that can give both sides the option to talk. Like a phone on your neck. My husband appreciated the free shipping but we did have some issues with ordering. It took us a week to get our kit which seemed long compared to other ones we have ordered and tried out. Overall, we really liked the system, but wish it had a way to monitor vitals.”
“My overall experience with the Walgreens Ready Response has been great; it is simple and easy to use, and inexpensive, and lets the people you care for live life to the fullest and feel safe and secure when using the product. It is safe to use and with just one touch, help is on the way when you have an accident and cannot get help immediately. Knowing that you have this device at hand can give you the peace of mind that one needs in regards to their loved ones. I really do not like a subscription service where you pay once a month, I would rather just pay a one-time fee, which would be easier for me and the person I care for, because you may get to pay for one month, with a one-time fee you don’t have to worry about a bill each month and worry about paying the bill each month.”
Is the Walgreens Ready Response medical alert system available at Walgreens stores?
No. The Walgreens Ready Response is only available to order online or through the Walgreens toll-free customer service number, 1-866-310-9061.
Can a second user in the same household be added to the system?
No. A second subscription has to be purchased if more than one person needs medical aid.
What wireless network does Walgreens Ready Response use?
Walgreens Ready Response uses AT&T. Before asking about Walgreens Ready Response, be sure to check if AT&T coverage is available in your area.
What is the cancellation policy?
Cancellations are accepted after the initial 90 days of using the service.
What if a subscriber is unable to speak to the emergency operator?
If the Walgreens Ready Response device is activated and the caller cannot respond to the emergency operator, the emergency operator follows custom procedures set by the caller’s account settings. These settings can determine if they call the caregiver, immediate family, or 911 first.
Can Medicare cover the Walgreens Ready Response medical alert system?
Subscribers with a Medicare Advantage (Medicare Plan C) policy may be eligible for a covered medical alert system. Speak with your doctor and insurance company to learn more about your specific benefits.
Other Medical Alert Systems That We Have Reviewed
- Medical Guardian Review
- MobileHelp Review
- Bay Alarm Medical Review
- LifeFone Review
- Life Alert Review
- GreatCall Lively Mobile Review
- GreatCall Review
- Medical Alert Review
- GetSafe Review
- Philips Lifeline Review
- Rescue Alert Review
- ADT Medical Alert Review
- Alert1 Review
- MobileHelp Smart Watch Review
- Apple Watch Medical Alert Review